[WEB4LIB] RE: Is Netscape dead? I asked Jeeves

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Thu Nov 18 12:56:52 EST 1999

> And will IE 5.5 fix the typeahead on the IE menu bar?  I'll like the
> Netscape version which allows you type and use the arrow key to fill in
> the rest if you've gone to the site recently, rather than the IE model
> where you have to reach for the mouse to click on the typeahead choice.

That works for me with IE5. If I type "http://library" a drop down list
begins to form with all the pages I've vistited that begin that way.  I can
use the arrow keys, or Tab and Shift-Tab, to move up and down the list.

Does it not work that way for you?

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"