[WEB4LIB] RE: Is Netscape dead? I asked Jeeves

David Merchant merchant at bayou.com
Thu Nov 18 12:36:21 EST 1999

>I personally prefer IE but...
>Mozilla has both Print Preview and Print Selection.

Theoretically, IE doesn't have those because you can do it in other ways
with it, but I've found NN's way easier for the average Joe and Jane
student to use.  I think NN will become a Niche Browser, or a "rebel"
browser like the Mac had become a niche or rebel computer (and the Mac is
not dead even though the PC has been the overwhelmingly predominant desktop
computer for years and years and years).  Netscape will be around for years
to come, it just won't be the majority browser.

TTFN,
David
Systems Librarian, Louisiana Tech University
Javascript list administrator <www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/>
Merchant's Encyclopedia of HTML <www.mountaindragon.com/html/>
Personal Page <www.mountaindragon.com/merchant/>