Is Netscape dead? I asked Jeeves

Alicia Abramson abramson at libraryserver.lib.csus.edu
Thu Nov 18 12:11:26 EST 1999

And Jeeves said:

You asked:   Is Netscape dead?
I know the answer to the following questions. Click the Ask! button next to
the best one.

Where can I find the Web site for Netscape Communications?

Where can I find a listing of celebrity gravesites?

Is there a way to make Netscape Communicator the default browser on my PC?

Where can I learn about the "Deadhead" subculture?

Where can I find recent celebrity obituaries?
*****

But, seriously, are most others in agreement with Dan Lester's post
(portions below) and is there really no other choice but IE?  I for one am
not willing to let go of Netscape that easily...yet.  I find some of the
reasoning in why it is a done deal that IE is *it* akin to the idea that we
should all just shop at Amazon and admit that independent bookstores are a
thing of the past.  Not trying to start a war, but interested in hearing
why or why not people are ditching Netscape.

Alicia

<SNIP>