[WEB4LIB] CBT and Video training Products

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Mon Nov 15 20:55:45 EST 1999

Tim Klassen wrote:

> We're supporting our faculty and student's web design efforts through the
> provision of enduser training materials. Currently we are providing a
> collection of manuals (Visual Quickstart Guides, O'Reilly Nutshrell books,
> etc). However, we want to subsidize these with some training videos and
> possibly CR-ROMs or Internet based computer based training. The products we
> are most interested in supporting are Adobe stuff (Photoshop, Illustrator
> etc) Filemaker HomePage, and MS's Office.
>
> Any suggestions for products that have worked for you?

In the FWIW department, we are introducing a network attached storage
system intended for delivering CDs from hard disc images, but one of the
things unique about it is that it is optimized for multimedia.  It can
deliver 20+ MPEG-1 video streams simultaneously without jitter.
Supports DVD Video, Video CD, even plain ol' Audio CDs with standard
desktop MM players.  Great for interactive CBT and video.

Dennis Brantley - mailto:dennis at dati.com
Data Access Technologies, Inc.  http://www.dati.com
Library Information Access Technology
Internet/Remote Access - Thin Client Computing - CD Networking
Voice (770) 339-6554  FAX (770) 682-0629