[WEB4LIB] outsourcing

Floyd Ingram Ingramf at benedict.edu
Mon Nov 15 18:22:26 EST 1999

Currently, we are in the process of doing the same thing.  We will meet with a web hosting company on Thu., Nov. 18th.  I want to hear comments from others on this issue of outsourcing your website, including hosting and management.

*******************************
MSC 25
Floyd Ingram
Director of Library Services
Benedict College
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204-1086
Voice: (803) 253-5182
Fax: (803) 540-2528
E-mail: <mailto:fingram at mindspring.com>
Homepage: <http://fingram.home.mindspring.com>
*******************************

>>> Sue <spearce at caldwell.edu> 11/11/99 04:27PM >>>
Our college is currently outsourcing it's home page, but the library
maintains it's own home page. The college is working on a policy for
home pages and is considering outsourcing the libraries page as well. I
would like your experience on the pros and conso of outsourcing the
libraries home page. Personally I hope there are more cons then pros but
I can be convinced otherwise. I'd like a mini survey of how many of the
lists members maintain their own page and how many  outsource. If you
outsource or have the college's webmaster handle your page how much
input do you or the library have? If you maintain your own page what are
the outside controls?

Thanks in advance