[WEB4LIB] Re: Web Trends and an alpha

Shirl Kennedy skenned1 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Nov 8 20:51:39 EST 1999

Darryl honed in on what I think is the solution (if I understand the
question correctly).  I have a DEC Alpha machine for my Web server, and I
run Web Trends off my PC -- or actually, off one of my network drives.  And
yes, the log file must be ftp-ed from the Web server (and renamed) in order
to get Web trends to read from it.  I have the whole step-by-step process
documented here:
http://www.clearwater-fl.com/intra/howto/stats.html  Of particular interest
would be the first section on retrieving the log file for all reports.

YMMV, of course, depending on your own set-up, but maybe this'll give you a
shove in the right direction.

I simply use the free version of WS_FTP to move the log around and rename
it.

Shirl Kennedy
Internet Waves columnist, Information Today
http://www.infotoday.com
Author:  Best Bet Internet; Reference & Research When You Don't Have Time to
Mess Around
http://www.ala.org/editions/openstacks/beyondthebook/BestBet.html