[WEB4LIB] Web Trends and an alpha

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Mon Nov 8 11:41:22 EST 1999

> Does anyone out there use WebTrends to get web stats from an Alpha?
> If so, how did you get WebTrends (running on a PC) to recgonize the
> path to the log file on the alpha?

I'm just jumping in here without knowing anything about WebTrends (so feel
free to tell me to shut up if I'm out to lunch here), but I think you'd have
to FTP the log files down to the PC before processing, or use something like
Samba (on the Alpha) to create a Windows-style share for the log directory
that the PC could connect to.

For those that don't know, Samba lets your Unix box look like an NT machine
with file and print shares your Windows clients can connect to.  I can't say
for sure, but I think it's free.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc.                        Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Programmer/Analyst                            http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Consulting & Development, Computing Services
  University of Saskatchewan                   "The Truth Is Out There"