[WEB4LIB] ASP for improved directory architecture?

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at ust.hk
Thu Nov 4 21:08:26 EST 1999

Mike,

One possibility for you to consider is using a Perl-based system, or a Perl system with an SQL backend once things get large.  We have implemented the 'Links' program from Gossamer Threads (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/)  The non-SQL version is free for non-commercial and personal use.  We use it for several yahoo-style thingies, and I use it personally for a HK City guide.  You have a lot of flexibility in layout and design, since it uses templates.

-Spode