[WEB4LIB] Seen any good web pages?

Patricia A. Kreitz pkreitz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 4 12:12:03 EST 1999

Dear Gary,
   What you might like to do is look at the variety we have of
librarian/computing/publications/web management staff's work-related home
pages available from: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/grp/tis/staff.html
   Kreitz's (mine) is an example of a function/resume combination;
Dominiak is a good example of a picture/function/links to broader work
home page and personal home page; Thayer is a great example of a simple
one for staff; and McDunn shows the variety of picture options available
(particularly encouraging for staff who don't like having a 'real' picture
up).
  We have a policy on personal home pages which might also be helpful if
your library doesn't have one. We are funded through Stanford Univ. with
federal monies and so have to be extremely circumspect about what people
put on their work-related pages. We do allow staff a link on their
work-related home page to a personal home page, but that personal one must
reside at Stanford University's servers or in another location. It can't
be @slac.stanford.edu
  That policy's url is:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/slac/www/policy/indpage.html
  Hope this helps.