[WEB4LIB] Files left by Microsoft Mail and other programs

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Nov 2 19:29:59 EST 1999

.vcf --> vCard File --> virtual business card, used by some e-mail programs
in lieu of .sig files, and operating on the assumption that the recipient A)
has an e-mail client that handles attachments, B) has an e-mail client that
understands the .vcf format, and C) won't get severely ticked off by such
annoyances.

Web4Lib folks should be aware that the SunSITE listproc software is now
forwarding MIME attachments.  They should also be aware that sending MIME
attachments to a list like Web4Lib is seldom a good idea.

Thomas Dowling
Ohio Library and Information Network
tdowling at ohiolink.edu