[WEB4LIB] interview questions

sean dreilinger sean at savvysearch.com
Fri Nov 5 12:27:28 EST 1999

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Kan-yan Foo wrote:
> excuse that it might be not suitable to post here.
> I would like to know what kinds of questions you would be asked when you
> go for a web designer interview?

1. what opportunites and limitations are there for artistic expression
   through the web?

2. take us to a url with excellent (or awful) visual design and tell us why

3. take us to a url with excellent (or awful) usability - and explain

4. take us to a url with excellent (or awful) technology - and explain

5. here are several short web applications and documents in source form -
   sketch us a thumbnail of how each one will appear in a web browser.

6. here are several short web applications and documents in source form -
   some of them contain errors and omissions that will muck up certain web
   browsers -- tell us which browsers will suffer which fate, and then
   correct the glitches.

7. how do you cope when your pristine design work is changed by workplace
   politics and client feature creep?

8. we work 24/7/365 - do you?

hth
--sean :-)