Avanti update: Server environment now online

Peter Schlumpf schlumpf at nslsilus.org
Sun Nov 21 15:08:40 EST 1999

After much tweaking with the Apache Jserv Java servlet engine, a
multi-user server environment for Avanti is now available.  Right now
it's EXTREMELY simple and I'm still adapting the Avanti software to a
servlet implementation so there's little functionality at this point,
just the environment itself.  It should be more interesting once Avanti
is integrated with this server environment, which should be very soon
now.  The server is accessible via telnet at:

    telnet://38.233.100.101:3114  (telnet to 38.233.100.101 port 3114)

This server will always reflect the lastest updates to the Avanti code
base.  The server supports Telnet clients only and this will be the case

for the near future.  However, Java GUI applet clients and support for
http clients are in the works.  In any event the Avanti server will
always default to port 3114.

About Avanti:  Avanti is an effort to develop an open source automated
library system that is scalable, platform independent and that is highly

adaptable to the to the needs of libraries of all types.  Any questions,

suggestions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Peter Schlumpf
schlumpf at nslsilus.org