[WEB4LIB] GIFs, Unisys, and Greed

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Nov 9 14:42:14 EST 1999

> 1)  Has anyone been contacted by Unisys, questioning whether or not GIFs
> used on your Website are kosher?
>
> 2)  Is anyone out there (even remotely) considering coughing up a $5,000
> license fee to Unisys just to be on the safe side?

These questions are non-issues. The position of Unisys is toward the
people/companies that make the software that make GIFs, not to the people
that use GIFs on their sites.

For JASC that makes PaintShop Pro, this is an issue, not for end users.

Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org :: http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
The WWW Library Directory is @ http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/
Buy books, music or videos online? http://www.acses.com/?partner=1307

Child: Do not try to bend the spoon, that is impossible.
       Just realize the truth.
Neo:   What is the truth?
Child: There is no spoon.	-- The Matrix

Opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise noted.