[WEB4LIB] digital camcorders

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Tue Nov 9 12:21:15 EST 1999

I have just started dabbling in this. I bought a Sony Digital-8 camcorder,
which records digitally on Hi-8 tapes (and can also play analog 8mm and Hi-8
tapes). More to the point it has a "Firewire" digital connection, and my Sony
laptop has a firewire connection also. This lets me move digital video,
UNCOMPRESSED, from camera to PC. Some basic editing software, included with
the PC, allows you to storyboard and build final output. Then you can write it
back to the camera, or presumably, create an AVI or similar file.

I believe this is the way of the future. The camera was less than $1000. The
PC, one of several in Sony's "Vaio Digital Studio Computer" line, was obtained
at CompUSA at a price competitive with other Pentium 3 systems.

--
Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760