[WEB4LIB] Feedback

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Wed May 26 19:47:05 EDT 1999

At 01:49 PM 5/26/99 -0700, Donna G Stevenson wrote:
>I am hoping someone on this list might be able to give me some advice.  At
>the bottom of our library Web pages we have an email address for feedback
>which goes to a small listserv of people who answer the comments and
>questions we get which can be extremely varied - comments, technical
>problems, reference questions, etc.  We are considering two other
>approaches.

Why not put the appropriate feedback address and/or link  on the
appropriate page?  On an acquisitions page, put that person for the email
address or form.  On a reference page, that one.  On a science library
page, that one, etc.   I realize that sounds simplistic, but often the
simple answers are the best.  If you go the form route, the forms can be
almost identical, with minor modifications as necessary.  Most important,
it makes it easier for the person to give you feedback, saving him/her the
trouble of figuring out where it goes, etc.

cheers

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165