Other listservs

Yvonne Parton yparton at jgrl.lib.ms.us
Thu May 27 18:09:31 EDT 1999

Greetings to all,

My name is Yvonne Parton and I have been "lurking" on the the list for about
2 months now.  I have read the activity with great admiration for all of
you; so I hope you will forgive me if this question seems a bit trivial.  I
have been sharing my great admiration of Web4Lib and Nettrain with others in
our library system and recently was asked if there was a site that has a
compilation of listservs and their purposes.  More specifically I am also
looking for a listserv that pertains to catalogers.  We presently do not
have a professional cataloger so I am looking for ways to help a library
assistant in the Technical Services Dept.  She's been cataloging fiction for
several years and recently began non-fiction, she is very good but runs in
to things now and than that stump her.

I realize this is not on topic, but I thought if any group would know where
I/we might begin, it would be this one.  If you wish to reply to me
personally, I would appreciate any advise on these subjects.

TIA,

Yvonne Parton, Staff Development Officer
Jackson George Regional Library System
Pascagoula, MS

yparton at jgrl.lib.ms.us