Feedback

Donna G Stevenson dstevens at darwin.helios.nd.edu
Wed May 26 16:52:08 EDT 1999

I am hoping someone on this list might be able to give me some advice.  At
the bottom of our library Web pages we have an email address for feedback
which goes to a small listserv of people who answer the comments and
questions we get which can be extremely varied - comments, technical
problems, reference questions, etc.  We are considering two other
approaches.

(1) One is to link each Web page to a simple feedback form.  On this form
the person can choose their topic (such as technical problem or reference
question)  from a radio button list, and what they choose determines who
gets that particular feedback.

(2) Or option 2 is to link each Web page to an intermediary feedback page
which lists the specialized forms that have been developed for particular
problems.  So the page lists the links to the reference form, purchase
suggestion form, etc.

Was that clear?  Does anyone have any experience with this, or know of
any resources that might give me an idea of what the right approach is?
Though we are happy to get feedback, we have not yet perfected our
approach to getting the questions to the right people within our
organization! :)

Thanks,
Donna

Donna Stevenson, Web Services Librarian   Email:  stevenson.20 at nd.edu
University Libraries of Notre Dame        Phone: (219) 631-3543
G131 Hesburgh Library, Notre Dame, IN     http://www.nd.edu/~dstevens