[WEB4LIB] web statistics for dummies?

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu May 20 12:34:46 EDT 1999

At 09:00 AM 5/20/99 -0700, Linda Woods Hyman wrote:
>Right
>now I am getting a huge, graphical display from our internal folks using a
>package called WebTrends.  For my needs, it is pretty much useless and
>takes forever to open on my measly little 28.8 modem. TIA.

Whether the system folks are willing to do it or not is another question,
but WebTrends is highly customizable and can give almost any report you
specify.  For example, they could set up a report that would just give
stats on your pages.  Also, they could customize the report to only give
the stats you're interested in, in the format you specify.

Unfortunately, many folks think that you should give ALL of the stats on
ALL things, even if they're not all relevant.   For an example of a
(probably) more limited WebTrends report take a look at those from
http://library.boisestate.edu/statslink/index.htm, which only show the data
elements we're interested in, though for all the pages on our site.

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165