Those filtering vagaries....

Toni Walder walderan at oplin.lib.oh.us
Thu May 20 11:49:25 EDT 1999

One of my Board members discovered, to her great surprise, that part of
our library Webpage (http://www.wright.lib.oh.us) is censored by the
filter in place at the nearby high school, where she's taking a "Web For

Adults" class.

Why?  Because one of the sections of our page is called "New & Hot" and
they're blocking any site with the word "hot" in it.

--
Toni Walder (walderan at oplin.lib.oh.us)
Wright Memorial Public Library, 1776 Far Hills Ave, Dayton OH 45419

"The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a
strange protein; it rejects it." -- P. B. Medawar