[WEB4LIB] RE: Strategy on designing web page (AOLPress)

Cramer, Steve scramer at mail.lib.duke.edu
Mon May 17 14:37:36 EDT 1999

   Be aware that AOL is no longer supporting (i.e. developing) AOLPress.
   There will be no new versions or updates. It was a nice program, though.

   Steve Cramer
   Perkins Reference
   Duke University
   scramer at mail.lib.duke.edu

Subject: [WEB4LIB] RE: Strategy on designing web page
Author:  vannoate at email.uncc.edu at BITNET/INTERNET
Date:    5/15/1999 1:21 PM

I use a variety of editors.  I have had very little luck with Composer and
will not use it as my primary editor.  I do use Front Page when I want to
have fancy fonts, but on the whole, I would recommend AOL Press, which you
can download for free. www.aolpress.com.  This editor validates
your HTML and show you where your errors are.  It is a browser and an editor
at the same time.  If it looks good on AOL Press, it will probably look good
on most any browser.  For some reason it does not display JPG images, or at
least not jpgs on my own server.  I just ignore this as they always display
on Netscape and IE.

Judith Van Noate
vannoate at email.uncc.edu