Library home pages

Shane Nackerud snackeru at tc.umn.edu
Wed May 12 11:41:59 EDT 1999

Hello everyone--

	The University of Minnesota Libraries are in the middle of a total web
site redesign.  One question we have been grappling with is what links
should be on the home page?  What services and research tools should
receive the highest priority?  The catalog and indexes/databases are
obvious choices, but what else?  We have already conducted a series of
usability tests and focus groups so we have a better understanding of what
our users want from a library web site.  We will also be conducting more
tests as we go through future iterations.  However, we are interested in
what other colleges or universities have found through similar evaluation
techniques or server log statistics.  What do your students want on your
library's home page?  What links or pages get hit the most on your
library's web site?  What do students expect to find quickly on your site's
home page?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shane

Shane Nackerud
Web Services Coordinator
University of Minnesota Libraries