Parts?

Gary E. Masters GMASTERS at TAMIU.EDU
Tue May 11 11:56:16 EDT 1999

NEC will not sell us parts because (1) they were OEM units and (2) we are
not "certified laser technicians."
Dell does not have the parts. (I wrote back, but I don't think they will
have them.)
They may be available on the used part market - but I don't know how to tap
into that.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What did you do?

I guess we could use the new drives without caddys, but it will be a task
for the users to take the CD's out and replace them and I think they will
get scratched.  now and then we find a CD in one of the 5 1/4 inch floppy
drives, but the new units I want to order this summer will not have those
drives.

We may go to ProQuest direct to solve the problem.  But I read of problems
with it.  Our Head of Public Services likes the CD's better, especially
when the T1 line is down.

thanks,

Gary Masters

This was posted to another group.  Please don' t get "cross."
Gary E. Masters
Automated Services Librarian
Texas A&M International University
(956) 326-2137 (voice)