[WEB4LIB] RFC:Request for Comments re: ProQuest Direct and Sitebuilder

Shelley Voie shelleyv at kcls.org
Mon May 10 17:01:06 EDT 1999

Our library system recently subscribed to several ProQuest Direct databases
as part of the Washington Statewide Database Licensing Project.  UMI really
promotes SiteBuilder, but beware that SiteBuilder does not have e-mail or
marking capability, like the standard interface does.  Topic searching in
the standard interface leaves a lot to be desired.  Because it was not
returning current and appropriate articles, we had it disabled on our
account.  Their training rep said that many other libraries also asked for
it to be disabled.  Those are the main things I'd watch out for.  If you
have specific questions, please feel free to ask me directly.

Shelley Voie
Electronic Resources Librarian
King County Library System:  http://www.kcls.org
(425) 450-1763 / mailto:shelleyv at kcls.org

"O brave new world, that has such people in't!"
Miranda, in "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare