[WEB4LIB] RE: Biased Censorship Continues at Publib

Hillel Weintraub hillelw at intnl.doshisha.ac.jp
Fri May 7 20:12:37 EDT 1999

Personally, I feel that our mailing list can afford to be open to this discussion, since
basically it is about censorship and access to information. Those of us particularly who
support open access should be particularly wary of saying this isn't appropriate for our list
(or library ? or ??). Ironic, isn't it, that a good filtering program on our listserve would
be able to control the topics discussed and make sure they all followed what someone defined
as "appropriate topics."
	I know there need to be some guidelines for what fits into the interests of our
members and the pre-defined area of interest for web4lib, but I believe this discussion is
applicable, as is someone trying to point out what s/he feels to be discriminative behavior.

Hillel

<000201be98e1$10456740$9e69d2ab at pc-snzjdgw.AOL-West01.AOL.Com> の、
   "[WEB4LIB] RE: Biased Censorship Continues at Publib" において、
   ""P. Michael McCulley" <mcculley at best.com>"さんは書きました:

mcculley>
mcculley> This is way inappropriate use of this listserv, a power-struggle about
mcculley> another mailing list.
mcculley> This is waging a personal and political effort via a mailing list about use
mcculley> of the Web in libraries.
mcculley>
mcculley> Please, Roy, stop this use of Web4Lib as a forum for such political debates.
mcculley> It isn't the place for flames or political debates.
mcculley>
mcculley> Best,
mcculley> Michael Michael
mcculley> mcculley at best.com