re menus (~ad)

David Borchardt davidb at cstone.net
Fri May 7 12:32:16 EDT 1999

I have been following the posts concerning menus and would like to offer our software program as a solution.  Public Access Manager (PAM) was developed specifically for schools and libraries to help reduce the high TCO (total cost of ownership) of publicly place PCs.  Included in the program are html Menu Builder templates that may be easily modified with any html editor.

In a single application, PAM offers Policy-Based Security, Usage-Based Management, and User/System Reporting.  These features, at the discretion of the system administrator, may be easily implemented and managed across a network or on individual PCs.  Our latest release includes a complete Print Vending Solution! (with the resources to pay for the purchase of the program!!)

Below is a more detailed overview of Public Access Manager.  Anyone interested may call or e-mail me and I will be happy to send a free thirty-day timed version for your evaluation.

Best Regards,

David C. Borchardt, V.P. of Sales & Marketing
INVORTEX Technologies, Inc.
(804) 975-3021
davidb at invortex.com

***********************************

PAM's list of core features includes the following:

Policy-Based Security

    a.. Independently apply and manage a range of custom system policies without the hassle of using the Systems Policy Editor, on two classes of user - Members (Staff), and Guests (Patrons/Students).
    b.. Easily designate available drive letters and other local or network resources.
    c.. Lockout Control Panels, Start button, and standardize the desktop.
    d.. Control Visual Basic editor in Microsoft Office products
    e.. Easily install new software titles
Usage-Based Management

    a.. Set PC session Time Limits (Librarians can’t afford to play "Time Cop")
    b.. Set Printing Limits or sell prepaid printing privilege cards
    c.. Control the number of logons during a specified period (easily changed to accommodate slower or busier periods).
    d.. Optionally require Patron/Student logon using existing ID number.
    e.. Automatically shut down all PCs at the end of the day.
    f.. Optionally place URL restriction on PAC terminals or those designated for specialized data bases (to prevent Internet browsing).
    g.. Restrict users to an approved list of software titles.
    h.. Open standard HTML menu builder interface (templates included, customization available)
    i.. Easy network setup, peer-to-peer, or stand alone. PAM's 'Export' properties greatly simplifies setup across a network.
    j.. Set browser to automatically 'Return Home' after a specified period of inactivity.
User/System reporting

    a.. Activity Log showing user statistics and system error messages may be centrally located for all PCs on the network (data mining services available).
    b.. Shows for each PC what applications were launched, for how long, and, when the accounts logon data base is utilized, by whom.