[WEB4LIB] Re: Sending Letters to Dr Laura,

Ilene Frank (REF) ifrank at dudley.lib.usf.edu
Sat May 1 13:40:19 EDT 1999

On Sat, 1 May 1999, P.A. Gantt wrote:

> I hate to expose my ignorance... but who in the
> heck is Dr. Laura???

Oops, I'd say you might want to know about her - just like it's good to
know about Rush Limbaugh, Don Imus, and other radio talk show
personalities. Here's references to a couple of articles:

No whining! (profile of talk show host Laura Schlessinger)(Cover Story) by
Joannie M. Schrof)
U.S. News & World Report; July 14 1997, v123, n2, p48(6)
Abstract:
Schlessinger draws a daily radio audience of around 20 million
with her old-fashioned advice on ethics and moral responsibility. She is
also a successful author and speaker. However critics say Schlessinger is
often short-sighted and intolerant. Details of her life and career are
given.

Current Biography; Sept 1997, v58, n9, p40(4)
Abstract:
Laura Schlessinger is renowned for providing blunt and highly
critical comments based on conservative moral and ethical codes. She hosts
"The Dr Laura Schlessinger Show," a radio program that tackles
interpersonal problems and advices syndicated all over the US
and Canada.

Ilene Frank, ifrank at lib.usf.edu
Tampa Campus Library
Univ of South Florida