Forms with checkboxes

Dianna M Roberts dianna.roberts at opus.co.nz
Thu May 13 23:37:18 EDT 1999

Hi, all

At the request of our company's General Manager Marketing I've created a
form that staff can use on the intranet for ordering marketing resources
(I'm responsible for the company's intranet as well as the library's pages).
The form's functionality is no problem, but what comes through in the email
message is pretty ugly. Only the orders that have had their boxes checked
appear in the email, which is what I want, but how do I prevent all the
empty "Quantity" fields for the unchecked products being returned as well?
I'm hoping someone will enlighten me.

This is the code I've used in the form:

<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="Order"
VALUE="Mousepads">Mousepads............Quantity <INPUT NAME="Quantity"
size=5><br>
<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="Order"
VALUE="Pens">Pens.......................Quantity <INPUT NAME="Quantity"
size=5><BR>
<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="Order"
VALUE="Compendiums">Compendiums........Quantity <INPUT NAME="Quantity"
size=5><br>

And this is the emailed order:

Order=Mousepads
Quantity=10
Quantity=
Quantity=
Order=Caps
Quantity=5
Quantity=

Thanks,
Dianna Roberts

Dianna Roberts, Manager TeLIS (The Library & Information Service)
Opus International Consultants, P O Box 12004, Wellington,
NEW ZEALAND
Ph: 0064-4-4717250 Fax: 0064-4-4731075 Website: www.opus.co.nz