[WEB4LIB] Networked printer headaches

Hagen Amen hagena at nethost.multnomah.lib.or.us
Thu May 13 19:06:53 EDT 1999

On Thu, 13 May 1999, Stacy Pober wrote:

[snip]
> What I would like is to network this printer without a Novell login.  I
> assume that since the printer is directly attached to our network via a
> NIC card, that it has its own IP address.  Is there any way we can simply
> send print jobs to a particular IP address?  What software would we need to
> do that?

Windows NT, of course, can print directly to an IP printer that can do
lpd.

I don't know if you can install TCP/IP printing on Windows95, but you
might be able to find a product that does that. The disadvantage, of
course, is that queue control remains at the local computer.

Hagen Amen     Multnomah County Library ASIST     x85223