[WEB4LIB] Bad things on the Internet, Censorship, and Technology.

John Hubbard jhubbard at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu May 13 15:15:54 EDT 1999

Hello,

I guess I'm in the 10% here.  It seems the point of this message is not
based on the stated "simple problem" but rather argues that the blocking of
pornography should be the responsibility of librarians.  As with other
library materials, any restriction of children’s access to the Internet
should be the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.  Would you buy
an encyclopedia for your library and read over patron's shoulders to make
sure they don't look at certain entries?

John Hubbard
Assistant Chemistry Librarian
University of Pennsylvania
(215) 898-2177

(The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of anyone else but
me.)