[WEB4LIB] "spiderability" problem

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu May 6 13:22:32 EDT 1999

Your server is sending back only one HTTP header:

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK

A more typical set of headers would be:

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 17:16:57 GMT
  Server: Apache/1.3.1 (Unix)
  Connection: close

I can't find a handy list of what headers are required, but I strongly
suspect your server isn't providing everything it's supposed to under HTTP
1.0, and it obviously isn't providing information that the Lycos spider
requires.  I don't know what server software you're running, but I suggest
you run a mainstream server that provides a standard set of response
header, and that won't have this problem.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu