"spiderability" problem

Erwin Wodarczak ewodar at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu May 6 09:28:07 EDT 1999

I chair a committee which oversees the Web site for our professional
organization.  When we tried to register our URL with Lycos, we received
this response:

>We were unable to spider your page.
>url: http://aabc.bc.ca/
>error: HTTP Client: missing header

If anybody can explain what the third line means, and what we can do to
correct the situation (we have our own server, but our regular techno-mage
is not available at the moment), it would be much appreciated.

Erwin Wodarczak
Records Analyst / Archivist
UBC Library - Special Collections and University Archives
Tel: (604) 822-5877   Fax: (604) 822-9587
E-mail: ewodar at interchange.ubc.ca
WWW: http://www.library.ubc.ca/spcoll/

"We do precision guesswork, based on vague assumptions and unreliable
data of dubious accuracy"