Position Announcement

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu May 6 10:16:21 EDT 1999

Forwarded by request, please do not reply to me.
Roy

We have created a new position in the Marin County Free Library which is
now open.  The application closing date is Tuesday, June 1, 1999 by 5:00
p.m.

SYSTEMS LIBRARIAN:  Seeking experienced candidate with knowledge of
Internet applications for public libraries; selection & evaluation of
electronic resources, computer applications as applied to automated
library functions, staff development/training & user support techniques;
ability to troubleshoot for computers & software; web page design,
administration & budgetary skills.

Requires: ALA accredited Master's degree in an appropriate Library
curriculum, plus 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in a
public or academic library setting working with computer applications.

Desirable: Formal training in computer science & experience with
Innovative Interfaces, Inc. systems.

Salary Range:  $3658-4351 monthly.

Contact: Marin County Human Resources
             3501 Civic Center Drive #403,