[WEB4LIB] What I hate about IE5

Margaret F. Dikel mfriley at erols.com
Thu May 6 08:28:59 EDT 1999

At 03:54 PM 5/5/99 -0700, jay wrote:
>When you save a web page, IE 5 assumes or makes up a directory to put
>the images in. Netscape doesn't do this.
>It's a royale pain in the pern. I had a rather large document and every
>one of the references to the images
>were wrong and had to be redone.

Actually, any time I try to "save" a web page and want to grab the
accompanying images I find I have to re-do almost all of it because
of broken image links.  It's rare to get a page that works first time.
When I started designing (in 1993), I was always told to put images in
a separate directory so I could keep the main directory "clean" for the
hundreds of HTML files.

Sorry, but I disagree with your accusation of MS for this one.  Talk to
the web designers about coming up with a standard.

Margaret

Margaret Dikel, MSLIS
11218 Ashley Dr.                The Riley Guide
Rockville, MD  20852         www.rileyguide.com
301-984-4229                    www.dbm.com/jobguide
301-984-6390 FAX           mfriley at erols.com