Dr. Laura is no longer on topic

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Mon May 3 14:09:36 EDT 1999

As gripping as this discussion of Dr. Laura may be, it has steadily
drifted until it has fallen off the edge of what is appropriate for this
list. I want to remind everyone that item number 1 of the Web4Lib Posting
Policy says in part (available at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/#Policy):

"All messages must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of World
Wide Web systems and libraries or library staff."

Who is the arbiter of what is appropriate or not? Me and only me. So those
of you who believe a message or thread to be off-topic, please take it up
with me and not with the poster or (worse) on the list. Since the Dr.
Laura thread was on-topic to begin with, I am allowing a little lattitude
for those who posted follow-ups that were off-topic. But that lattitude
has now been exceeded. Let's get on with the real business of this list.
Thank you all for your cooperation.
Roy