[WEB4LIB] XML bible?

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Mon May 3 11:56:10 EDT 1999

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Thomas H. Hahn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on multilingual websites (mainly Chinese, Japanese and Korean,
> aka
> CJK) and need to move into a UniCode environment pretty soon in terms of
> coding
> and tagging. The way it looks, XML appears to be the way to go.

Note that you do not need to move to XML to do Unicode. Standard HTML allows
you to specify Unicode character entities, such as "Ӓ" (decimal) or
"&#hABCD;" hexadecimal.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760