[WEB4LIB] videoconferencing in the Library

Frank Lin F.Lin at uws.edu.au
Sun Mar 28 23:55:56 EST 1999

Hi Dondi,
We at University of Western Sydney - Macarthur have been using Videoconferece
facilities for both teaching and meetings for the pass two years.  Macarthur
have two campus about 35km apart.  Each campus is equipped with two
videoconferencing sites. One for teaching and one for meeting.  The library is
in charge of the entire Videoconferece facilities.  Personally I only use it a
couple of times a year, but I know other library staff (and other Uni staff) who
use it regularly for team meetings.  There are also regular classes held using
the teaching videoconferecing sites.

As for the University of Western Sydney  (includes Nepean (3 campus), Hawkesbury
(2 campus), and Macarthur (2 campus) which covers the Greater Western Sydney
(about 100km from on end to the other)), videoconferencing are used mainly for
meetings (teaching are used by each University member).

Apart from offically University stuff, the University also hire out the
facilities to outsiders for business meetings, interviews, etc.

If you need more info on this, I can direct to you our videoconferening staff.

Frank

Frank Lin                               Email: F.Lin at uws.edu.au
Web Developer / Network Support         Phone: +61 2 4620 3589
Technology Access                       Fax:   +61 2 4628 2460
Library and Information Services
University of Western Sydney - Macarthur
PO Box 555 Campbelltown, NSW 2560 Australia

http://library.macarthur.uws.edu.au