[WEB4LIB] resolution

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Mar 25 09:02:32 EST 1999

We base our design to be targeted for 800X600.  The reason is that we
set our patron computers at this resolution and our primary clientele
are the patrons in our database which consists mainly of the local
student population.  All of our patron PCs use a 15" monitor.  I believe
most of the labs on campus also set their PCs for 800X600.  No one has
complained about the resolution or our home page to me from on or off
campus.  We do have a PC in the library dedicated to people with visual
problems.  This PC has a 19" monitor and is set to 640X480 and includes
a scanner and Kurzweil software to "read" text, from the scanner or WEB,
to the patron.  Personally I have my resolution set to 1600X1200 on a
19" monitor and normally run programs full screen.

Thomas

"Monique E. Désormeaux" wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> We're in the midst of re-vamping our website and would love to hear what
> people's preference is with regards to resolution.  We're told that 800
> x 600 is fast becoming the norm.  Is this the case or are people still
> developing pages at 640 x 480?
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Monique

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine