[WEB4LIB] Re: IE 5.0

Margaret F. Dikel mfriley at erols.com
Tue Mar 23 13:53:35 EST 1999

At 08:54 AM 3/23/99 -0800, Jay Frantz wrote:
>About this latest MS toy: I still don't like it as much as Netscape
>because it doesn't offer a print preview option. It is quite fast as they
>predicted it would be. ...Still like my Netscape...

For anyone who uses an FTP client through a Win98 dial-up,
IE5.0 has a wonderful advantage over previous versions.

It's removed the #N%*#*& conflict found in Win95 and 98 systems
with IE4.0 which blocked you from seeing the contents of the remote
directory you were accessing.

For someone who maintains several remote sites and uploads files
via FTP, I have to say I'm pleased that the 8 attempts over 3 days
to download IE5.0 has at least one major payback.

Margaret

Margaret Dikel, MSLIS
11218 Ashley Dr.                The Riley Guide
Rockville, MD  20852         www.rileyguide.com
301-984-4229                    www.dbm.com/jobguide
301-984-6390 FAX           mfriley at erols.com