[WEB4LIB] Re: Docking Ports

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Mon Mar 22 15:35:57 EST 1999

At 09:12 AM 3/22/99 -0800, SVK wrote:
>How is printing handled from these carrel-based network connections?  Are
>students told which printer drivers they need?  Is there a printer
>available on each floor or on each network ring or . . . . .?
>thanks,

Heavens, we can't provide them everything.  If they have their own laptop,
they can darn well print on their own paper at their place.  That would
seem to me to be one of the plusses of bringing in a laptop....being able
to easily take copies of things home to do with what you will.

cheers

dan (only slightly grouchy....but only because I showed up to teach a class
I developed....to staff on a new email system....and nobody came)

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165