networking across T-1

Thomas Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Mon Mar 8 15:20:26 EST 1999

I did not get a response the first time I asked this question, so let me
ask it a different way.  Here is an situation that I am trying to figure
out what to do with.

  Win95 at Central\                              /Win95 at Branch
                               \                          /
                                 -----------------
                               /           T1             \
  WinNT at Central/        connection        \ WinNT at Branch

Please note that these are in workgroup as there are no NT Servers
involved at this point.

In the diagram above, the Win95 machines can see each other and the NT
machines in the buidling they are located in.  However, the NT
Workstation machines at central cannot see the Win95 at the branch nor
the WinNT workstations at the branch.  Trying to see the computers at
central from the branch also fails on the NT connection.

Since we are in the process of migrating everything over to Windows NT,
I need to find a way of getting these machines to recognize each other
over the T-1 lines.  How do I do this?  Do I have to stay with Windows
95?  Do I have to install an NT server someplace  for this connectivity?

--
Thomas Edelblute
Anaheim Public Library