[WEB4LIB] Report Uncovers Epidemic of Children Viewing P

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Thu Mar 4 10:31:03 EST 1999

     I was wondering when David Burt would rear his ugly head again on this
     list. It seems that our wait wasn't a long one.

     Burt continues to be an embarassment to the library profession and it
     is clear that he hold the principles of our profession in contempt as
     he strengthens his alliances with extremist groups that are opposed to
     free speech. Enough is Enough is an organization that opposes free
     sepeech rights and the Family Research Council is an organization that
     opposes human rights for gay people.

     It is also laugable that Burt claims to be interested in "protecting"
     children when he holds their free speech rights and rights to
     self-determination in such low regard. Burt is an advocate of age
     discrimination and I hope that more than one teenager calls him on
     this.

     It's also disturbing that because his side is losing court cases, Burt
     and his ilk have once again resorted to a coercive legislative attack
     on us. Burt's ideas are losing in the court of public opinion so he
     has decided to get the government to ram his ideology down our
     throats.

     That folks, is tyranny and fascism, We are obligated as lovers of free
     speech to resist this in every way possible.

     I think it's time that Burt stop his puritanical crusade against the
     rights of children and find something better to do with his life.

     <rant off>

     Chuck0
     Editor
     Alternative Press Review