[WEB4LIB] Re: Academic Library Web Pages

Walter W. Giesbrecht walterg at yorku.ca
Mon Mar 1 17:35:02 EST 1999

> Tami-Jo Eckley <eckleyt at mville.edu> wrote:
>
> > I would like to know if any of you are completely in charge of what goes
> > into your Home Page/Site or if you need to be consistent with the rest of
> > the college's site.  Do you need to answer to the college's Webmaster or
> > does the library have autonomy.  I would really appreciate input on this
> > since we are currently undergoing major change at Manhattanville
> > College, and at present, we must answer to the College Webmaster.

Our campus webmaster only has input into those sites that are
hosted on the campus server (in terms of space, scripts, etc.,
but not content). Those units within the university that are
running their own servers (i.e., most of us) have complete
autonomy.

Walter Giesbrecht                               walterg at yorku.ca
Data Librarian                         (416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
York University Libraries                               113Y SSB
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA