Ameritech WEBPAC setup

Marty Williams marwil at onkaparinga.sa.gov.au
Mon Mar 15 00:54:49 EST 1999

Hi all,

Our (large public) Library Service is going through the (agonising) process of establishing Internet access to our (Ameritech) catalogue. As we haven't the funds to purchase a web server fron this years budget, we are looking at purchasing space on an external ISP's secure server to house Webpac.

So far so good

The next stage is establishing a firewall between this and our Ameritech server, which is part of the reason we couldn't also afford  our own web server. We are concerned about  several issues around this setup - security of the Webpac software, potential line speed problems etc.

Has anyone had experience with a similar setup, especially using Ameritech and an external ISP web server, and would you be willing to let us benefit from your experience?

Would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Marty

Marty Williams