Restricting access to the web on library workstations to a specif ic address

Real Rodrigue rodrigue.real at uqam.ca
Wed Mar 3 13:41:54 EST 1999

We are in the process of developing a new web-based OPAC. In our libraries,
this web-based OPAC would be accessible through a certain number of
dedicated workstation. As we will also have workstations dedicated to
surfing the Internet, we would like to restrict the OPAC-dedicated
workstations to the sole address of this OPAC. We understand that this could
be done through a proxy server. What we would like to know at this point is
if such a restriction to Internet access has been implemented in libraries
and, if so, how it has been done.

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Réal Rodrigue
Bibliothécaire
Services informatisés - Bibliothèque
Université du Québec à Montréal

TEL: (514) 987-3000 #4554              FAX: (514) 987-7787
Courriel / e-mail : Rodrigue.Real at UQAM.CA
WWW : <http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/g17176/index.html>