'EF Pro-Referneces' Users Out There?

Jim Harold jharold at dec.cdie.org
Wed Mar 3 08:55:54 EST 1999

Good Morning ....

Has anyone used 'EF Pro-References' and modified it for use in a library or information center collection?  This MS Access database is freeware available from:

     http://www.fookes.com/software/pro-refs.htm

The creator, Eric G.V. Fookes, offers the code for this bibliographic system to anyone who wants to adapt it for their own use.

The reason I am asking this is that USAID needs to replace a DOS-based system (MicroDIS), which we wrote ourselves years ago, with something that looks (and operates) a bit slicker and works with Windows.  We are also looking for something which is very, very inexpensive or free.  This replacement system will be used in over 70 USAID offices around the globe.

Thanks for your time.

Jim Harold
Knowledgebase Administrator
USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse
1611 N Kent St Ste 200
Arlington VA 22209-2111 USA
jharold at dec.cdie.org
+1 703-351-4006 x109