No subject

Michelle C. Miller Shutt mmshutt at richland.lib.sc.us
Wed Mar 24 16:20:40 EST 1999

My apologies if this has an easy answer, but I'm still new at this....

We are about to add EBSCHOhost web to our web page so that patrons can access this database from home.  EBSCHOhost takes care of authenticating the patron's library card number.  In the future, we would like to add access to other databases, but haven't figured out how to limit access to patrons.  Has anybody else done this, and if so, how did you get around the authentication problem?  You can reply off-list, and if there's any interest I'll post a summary.

Michelle C. Miller Shutt
Technology Support Librarian
Richland County Public Library
1431 Assembly Street,