[WEB4LIB] IE 5.0

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Mar 18 17:42:15 EST 1999

I got IE5 from the Microsoft mothership this morning--it was actually a
pretty speedy download, and a more streamlined downloading process than
some other versions of IE.

The radio bar should pop up if you go to View|Toolbars and check "Radio".
It has a link to a Microsoft "Radio Station Guide" that lets you select
and bookmark a number of radio audio streams.  It's a pretty simple way to
make a link to the BBC World Service for example, though I wish it also
had the CBC.

I'll second Bill's comments about the speed and stability.  The mail and
news components in Outlook Express could still use some work, but the
browser itself is top notch and cements IE's position as the most
standards-compliant browser until and unless Mozilla comes through.  (IMO
of course, and you know what that's worth.)

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu