[WEB4LIB] electronic order form for books

Jim Harold jharold at dec.cdie.org
Thu Mar 18 11:31:41 EST 1999

Good Morning ....

Can't help you much with the process, but with regard to a form you might take a look at the following which I just ran across the other day.

This form is intended for ILL and has two sections:  one for periodical articles and one for books.  You should be able to delete the article section and get the CGI script up and running.

Be sure to click on 'Press here for a static sample (Submit buttons won't work)' to see a sample.

     http://arachnoid.com/lutusp/illform.html

Hope this is of help to you.  And by the way, Millersville is a really nice town.  Hope to get back up there again soon.  It's been a few years.

Jim Harold
USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse
Arlington VA USA

>>> Gregory  Szczyrbak <gszczyrb at marauder.millersv.edu> 03/17/99 11:33AM >>>

	At Millersville University, we are in the planning stages of
setting up an electronic (web) book order form for use by our departmental
faculty.

	I have previously created simple web forms that merely send an
e-mail to a list of recepients.  However, if the book order process was
simple, I wouldn't need to turn to all of you.

	Here is how the process works now on paper.  A faculty member, say
from the biology department, wants a book.  They send some information
about this book to the biology department liaison, who approves or
dissapproves the request.  Then the request goes either directly to the
library liaison OR to the Biology department chair, who approves or
dissapproves the request.  (NOTE:  In some departments it goes to
Department chair, in others it goes right to the library liaison.)  If the
request makes it through all the approvals, the library liaison assigns it
a fund code and fianlly forwards it to acquistions staff.
Oh yeah, in some cases, the person ordering the book, is also the liaison
or also the department chair or in some cases both.

So, here are the questions?

	Has anyone set up an electronic form for ordering books?
	Can you provide a url for an example?

	Is your process as confusing as this one?

	Do you have any suggestions for planning out the process?

	Are there any web technologies that can help set up this process
	and forms?

Thanks,

Gregory Szczyrbak			(717) 872-3645 DESK
Millersville University			(717) 872 3854 FAX
Ganser Library - Periodicals		gszczyrb at marauder.millersv.edu
Millersville, PA 17551