[WEB4LIB] Shutting down PC's at closing

Glen Davies glen at rimu.cce.ac.nz
Wed Mar 17 22:31:15 EST 1999

Hi

I am using a combination of "System agent" (this is a bit of
scheduling software that comes with win95Plus) and a freeware
shutdown utility (part of win95tool available from various freeware
servers).
At 10pm each night the scheduling software is set to run
shutdown.exe. I have had it running for a couple of months now and
only occasionally do machines not shutdown due to hung
programs etc. We are using Digital PCs which power off when
shutdown is selected. Getting them to start up automatically would
be the next step, but unfortunately only a few of our network cards
have remote wakeup capability.

Regards
Glen

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am researching software that will shutdown multiple PC's on a
> network to save my library staff time at closing.  Do you know of a
> product other than Fortres Central Control that can do this?
>
> Thanks for any and all information.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Angela Kirchner
> Senior Library Assistant.