Web Hosting Policy

Steve Bachman 4cty_steve at 4cty.org
Wed Mar 17 09:30:39 EST 1999

Hello,
	I am with a public library system in upstate New York.  We provide
automation services (and more) to 43 public libraries.  Part of our
services have included hosting web pages for the member libraries.

	Up to now, only a few libraries had the technological awareness and
wherewithall to design and maintain a page.  As more and more libraries
begin to create web pages on our server, it is becoming necessary to put
down guidelines pertaining to their pages. Apart from obvious things about
the size of the pages and that they link to us, I am not sure what else
should be written into such a policy.

	Has anyone out there drafted a similar policy for the hosting of library
web sites?  I would be interested in any comments as well as samples.

	Thanks a bunch,

	Steve

Steve Bachman			 *  The large print
4cty_steve at 4cty.org		 *  giveth,
Electronic Services Librarian	 *  and the small print
Four County Library System	 *  taketh away.
http://lib.4cty.org          	 *	    -Tom Waits